Monday 28 July 2008

Visual Studio 2008 Test List Editor Bug

Monday morning: After another weekend of travelling around the country (this time London) I have returned to work and discovered a juicy bug in Visual Studio 2008. (VS)

I noticed that when I closed my projects and reopened them, all the Unit Test lists disappeared from my Test List! Investigation revealed that VS had actually replaced the vsmdi file (myProject.vsmdi) with a new one (myProject1.vsmdi). To get the original test list back you have to delete this new one and re-add the original one from the project directory.

A temporary work around to get around the issue is to close the Test List Editor prior to closing the solution/project or VS.

I've checked on Microsoft's connect website and this has already been reported. Interestingly enough I came across this post by Aaron Stebner (here!) about best practice when logging a Bug with Microsoft.

No comments: